12/06/2005

No Space

At our distribution center we have no space. We get at least two inbound containers a week and we have about 20,000 square feet to offload containers, load containers, ship LTL and single package shipments, and receive in raw materials. We are growing so we need a larger building. I am stuck because we can't really afford a totally new and different building. That is my conundrum for the day.

Did a little more to the Dodge tonight. Put the plenum plate and gasket on the intake manifold. Use the foot pound torque wrench- good enough I figured. Cleaned all the gasket surfaces on the heads and removed all the spark plug wires and plugs. I vacuumed out the spark plug holes and re-installed new spark plugs.

The daughter fell today off the top step of her little step stool where she stands with mommy to help her cook and play with water. Mommy said she really hit her head on the wood floor and was considering taking her to the hospital. We both contemplated this evening over dinner how you would know a 22 month old had a concussion. I guessed you could tell simply by the change in the way they acted- maybe a little disoriented- maybe a little more confused than normal. Wait a second, I must have a permanent concussion.

There is a little op-ed war in our little town back-asswards newspaper. These jackasses are writing in to complain how stores are putting up in signage "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" in efforts to avoid offending certain people. These idiots are writing the paper compliaing that these stores are aiding and abetting those who want to take Christ out of Christmas. Sometimes I really hate living in the bible belt. I believe that in general, people around here are way too closed minded.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against religions or Christianity. I was raised in a Lutheran Church and taught as a little kid to believe. When I grew old enough to think for myself my beliefs have changed dramatically, but nevertheless, I respect those who have different beliefs than me and I don't have a problem with those who treat others with respect and don't try to force their beliefs on others. When people start telling me that I am going to hell because of what I believe or don't believe I feel very sorry that they have to lead a life of such closed mindedness.

Don't get me started on fundamentalism. Jesus love me... but he can't stand you!!!

1 comment:

kelsci said...

I had made a phone call from Florida to Iowa today speaking to one of my two best friends. I was talking to him about this rediculous "happy holiday""merry christmas" ordeal. I am jewish, and I think it should be merry christmas. This is the same kind of statement like one who goes to any photocopy machine and says, I am going to make a "XEROX" of a document. My friend said that this hullaballo was caused by people who believe in atheism.