12/02/2005

Dodge Pickups Suck

I took off work today at 1:00 to meet one of my mechanics from work at my house to remove the intake manifold bold with the broken head sticking out of the engine's head. If you are a greasemonkey you understand this, if not.. that is okay- you still are important.

The damn bolt had rusted. I didn't know this but when steel rusts it get harder (learn something new every millennium) and this 5/16 bolt had rusted very well. My mechanic went through 5 titanium coated drill bits, one carbide tipped drill bit and 3 cold chisels to get that damn bolt out. I never would have been able to do this myself, but he got it out. I wonder how much he will charge me? I send him on long trips to Honduras frequently and his girlfriend calls him about seven times a day and thinks he is down there partying and screwing Honduran bitches. Nothing could be farther from the truth- he is as loyal as they come.... and it seems to me that she is about as fucked up as they come- makes me appreciate my wife even more.

Anyway, I pay him well when I ship him out of the country- he deserves it so I don't think he will stick it to me.

I am lying in bed- snot almost gone- and typing beside my wife who is asleep. She thinks I am married to this laptop and I am.

Took the daughter to see Santa Claus tonight. She took one look at him and screamed bloody murder. I was the same way when I was two years old. I guess it runs in the family. Distrust of strange looking fat fuckers with beards.

Got this consultant at work- he is charging me $1200 a day to implement a cost system. I fucking hate consultants. I always feel like I have been raped after they are gone. If I feel that way at the end of this project, I am going to hunt the greasy-faced genius down and torture him by taping his mouth shut.

You know the type- talk, talk, talk, ramble, ramble ramble- like Greenspeak. This bastard is so damn smart that when he talks it takes all I have in concentration and brain power to follow his train of thought. He bounces from idea to idea with irrelevant segues. I hate fuckers like that. And he always ends the insipid list of babble with "does that make sense?"

I always say "no" but it doesn't faze him. But I like him anyway. If I don't meet budget because of this unbudgeted expenditure I guess I will hang myself because I won't make my bonus payout and my key employees won't either which will put seven demoralized direct subordinates on my hands.

It is always good to appear as if you know what you are doing.

No comments: