7/23/2006

Twins Ain't EASY



My wife is a freaking saint.

The twins are in a stage where they will only sleep about 20 minutes if you put them down otherwise they cry and cry. So if you want them to sleep and not cry you must either breastfeed them (not an option for me yet..... I am considering implants) or carry them. So the wife is constantly breastfeeding and sleeping with the two 8 week olds and her boobs are constantly store. Throw that in with a 2 1/2 year old who needs constant attention to keep her from using her poop as Play Doh and you have two adults who are pretty much delerious and quickly getting to the point of blown synaptic syndrome.

This too shall pass.

I was out of the country all last week for work (translation- I get a vacation and the wife has more of a challenge) and the wife went to my parents house to stay. Thank Venus for the parental units being close by. But the built-in baby sittters have a significant cost as well- the guests sanity. Living with my mom and dad is enough to make Bush bring the troops home from Iraq.

I might as well give up the getting lucky part. There is always next year. Getting all three chillins to sleep at the same time is kind of like a manned mission to Mars- it will happen one day but who the fuck knows when?


To make the day better I slammed my foot into the high chair and broke my toe.

This too shall pass.


Adrienne wasted on breastmilk


Atticus wasted on breastmilk

No comments: