7/30/2006

Milestones

I reached a significant milestone on my last post and failed to recognize it. My last post was my 69th post. Yay 69!

Lolo pooped in the potty for the first time in her life at Mimi's on Friday night. She also asked me if I wanted a cup of coffee while I was giving her a bath tonight. The question came out of the blue- I have no idea where she got that. But I sure as hell know where she got her new taste for Happy Meals. The wife and I don't feed her that shit. I guess that is the price of free childcare via parents.

Lolo says she doesn't like crabs.

I was rejected by the wife tonight.

So I am laying her on the sofa, er.. uh.. I mean my bed- watching TV and a commercial for Bowflex is on. It promises me pumped arms, ripped abs and legs of steel. Shit all I have to do is buy this miracle machine and work out for 20 minutes five days a week and I too will look like the dude on TV. I couldn't dial the phone fast enough.

The sad part about this is that the stupid commercials actually work. How many idiots are out there waiting to spend their hard-earned cash on that machine? The people who fall for those commercials are exactly the ones who do not need to be spending money on one of those machines. They need to get a personal trainer and a gymn membership and a little discipline to actually stick to a workout regimen.

1 comment:

Karmyn R said...

Congrats on your 69th post - sorry your wife didn't share your excitement!!!

I just reached my 100th - pretty exciting in itself, heh?