1/24/2009

Using the Epson Stylus Photo R300 to print directly to a CD or DVD

I have owned the Epson Stylus Photo R300M for many years now and just today tried to use the separate tray to print directly to a DVD. The R300M is the exact same thing as the R300 except it has a useless LCD display to view your pictures from your media card without having to use the computer. I never have used this feature and never will.

I just ordered a spindle of DVD-R media with an inkjet printable surface. I opened the manual for the R300M in pdf format and followed along with the directions to print to a DVD using the included tray. The directions leave out one very important fact.

I followed the instructions precisely and every time the printer would print 7cm too far to the left and 7cm too far back.

After searching the Epson web site for a solution and finding nothing I filled out the site's email form for techincal support. The site analyzez your email before it is sent and suggests a resolution to the problem. At this step it finally gave me the information that I needed.

You must select Tray 2 in order for it to align to the correct location. So I endured a lot of unnecessary frustration but did find the answer. I hope this can help someone else!

No comments: