1/24/2009

Lolo is sick

The wife went to the beach this weekend and all three of the hellions were at the in-laws last night so I had a night to batch it but I sat at home and watched Hancock and just hung by myself. I have no social life. I did ask one of my friends to go out but he is so whipped that he wouldn't go. His wife is about 7 months pregnant and won't let him do anything. Not that being pregnant has anything to do with it. this is the same guy who didn't go to his own bachelor party.

Anyway I am a loser with no social life.

My mother-in-law called me this morning with the news that Lolo did not feel well. She didn't get out of bed until about 8:00 which definitely means she is sick. She had a 101 degree fever. So we met at the usual meeting place and I took Lolo to the local urgent care center. We waited for over two hours before we were seen by the doctor. After the first hour Lolo vomited all in my lap. I felt so bad for her. This shit is scary because the last time she vomited with a fever after complaining about it burning when she peed, she ended up in the hospital with a kidney infection. So the doctor prescribed her Promethazine (aka Phenegran) to settle her stomach and Sulfamethoxyzole which is antibiotic.

I dropped by CVS on the way home and deposited the prescriptions, dropped off the movies I rented and filled the car up with gas. I then took Lolo home and put her in bed. She was very lethargic and hot with a 102 degree fever. For the first time in her life (to my knowledge) she was at home alone because I didn't feel like putting her back in the car to go pick up the prescription. We live about 300 yards from the CVS drugstore so it took me about five minutes to go pick up the prescriptions. She was fine with being at home alone i guess because she felt so bad.

So she kept the Promethazine down and then also kept ibuprofen down and then it was smooth sailing for the Sulfamethoxyzole. She has been asleep for about 4 hours and is is getting close to midnight. I hope she sleeps through the rest of the night. It just kills me to see my kids sick!

No comments: