1/28/2009

Epson Stylus Photo R300M Clogged Nozzle Report

I had clogged nozzles on my Epson Stylus Photo R300M. One color remained clogged no matter how many times I ran the nozzle cleaning program. I was looking into using some sort of cleaner to clean the heads but I could not find any locally and didn't want to wait for delivery from online ordering.

I stopped by the local Cartridge World store and talked to the nice people there. The told me that the nozzle cleaning worked by actually applying a little vacuum to the nozzles to try to get the stuck ink out. I don't know if this is true or not.

I had purchased some refilled ink cartridges on line and sinc installing those I had been getting teh clogged nozzles. Plus I had not used the printer much so this also contributed to the nozzles getting clogged. I pulled out one of the old refilled cartridge and replaced it with another refilled cartridge and still had the same problme. Anyway, I purchased all new Epson ink cartridges and pulled out all of the full refilled cartridges and installed the new Epson cartridges in my R300M. I immediately had all unclogged nozzles even before running the nozzle cleaning program. Supposedly the printer works best on Epson ink because it is formulated specifically for the printer. Other inks can cause problems.

So let this be a lesson. If you have an Epson printer, stick with the Epson ink cartridges. If you clog up your heads for good there isn't too much you can do besides get a new printer or try to buy some type of head cleaning kit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SEO
veryy useftul, tahnx a lot for this bolg ....... This was what I was lookking for.