4/23/2006

The Bachelor Party without the Bachelor

I just got back from a bachelor party for my buddy Jim whose fiance would not let him go. I still can't understand this. We are not the kind of guys that will go out and actually have sex with prostitutes and everyone who knows us and knows Jim realizes this. The only thing we would do is make him drink too much, take him to a strip club, pay girls ridiculouss amounts of money to wag their breastss in his face and go home and pass out. So what the fuck is she so worried about? Relationships without trust are doomed.

So since most of us already had hall passes from our wives, we proceeded with the bachelor party without Jim and had a fucking blast. We bought a blow-up doll and dressed it as Jim and took it with us everywhere.



Here we are with Jim before going out for the evening


Here is Jim charming the Hooters girls.

So we had a blast with Jim even though he wasn't there.

Let me go on about this marriage for my buddy. He is 38, works retail (not a lot of money), slightly overweight, and kind of unsure of himself when it comes to women. So when his fiance came along he figured he better strike while the iron is hot. She has no job and has moved in with Jim. He is paying her car payment ($400 per month) and her medical insurance ($300 per month) plus his mortgage, the groceries for both of them, etc. etc.

She is 30 and ready to have children. Jim is on shaky grounds at his job and thinks he might be fired. Jim is heading into a lot of shit when she gets pregnant and if he loses his job.

The positives??? She has helped him out by getting him to stop smoking and to drink much less. Granted she has been a positive influence on him in that manner but he just isn't being himself or being honest to himself.

Nothing I can do but sit back and watch him make what I consider to be a mistake. I just want him to be happy and I have my doubts that he can be happy with this woman because I have known him since third grade and I know who he is and what kind of person he is.

Good luck Jim- we miss you.

No comments: