11/15/2009

On my own with the hellions

The wife took a much deserved weekend away with her girlfriends. She left on Friday morning. I picked up the kids at school at 3:00 and I was planning on meeting the mother-in-law and dumping the kids on her but when I got to school Atticus was tugging at his ear. It was nice and red and he said his ear hurt. So off to the doctor I went.

We have Aetna health insurance and their network it bad in the area where I live. Ok I am being too nice. The Aetna network fucking sucks where I live. My cardiologist and both of the two urgent care centers (where you can take a sick kid on the weekend or after hours) are out of network. Aetna network SUCKS!

So I was planning on going back to work cuz I have so much shit do to. But I sat in the doctor's office with Atticus for about an hour and a half. My mother-in-law came to the doctor's office and picked up the girls and took them to her house. So it was just to boys at home Friday night. I don't remember what we did so it must not have been too exciting.

Yesterday I took Atticus to the lake and drove the boat arouned and continued to be perplexed at the oil pressure guage continually bouncing between normal pressure and no pressure. I hope it is just the sending unit.

Today I took all three of the hellions to my brother's house about two hours drive away. He is in the process of building his house. He has the framing, roof, subfloors and drywall up. The first floor is painted. it is going to be a nice house. The kids enjoyed their time there and didn't want to leave because they got to play with their cousins.

Tonight was hell getting them to sleep because they were all so tired without any nap. Hell, I'm tired too!

No comments: