9/19/2006

Aliens kidnap daughter and replace with small pissed off monster.

So today was another treat. Lolo did not want to go to sleep. She insisted that I leave the light on and the door open when I put her to bed. After about 15 minutes she started calling for mommy. The wife handed me Atticus and went into Lolo's bedroom. She emerged after about 15 minutes with Lolo crying and said "I guess she is just going to have to cry it out.

So we listened to Lolo cry.

And cry.

And scream.

For about 20 minutes.

The wife finally went back into Lolo's bedroom and the little monster soon was fast asleep.

What would life be without challenges.

Thank Mars that Adrienne is laid back. She can be put down and she will be just as happy like I am when I get a little action. Well, maybe not that happy. But she is content to sit and look around. She is able to put herself to sleep. She sucks her thumb and doesn't require constant rocking and holding to go to sleep.

Atticus on the other hand is just the opposite. He doesn't want to be put down. He can't go to sleep without twenty or so minutes of rocking and swaying. He gets pissed off if he is held in the same position for more than two minutes and definitely don't try to sit down with him if you aren't going to sit in a rocker.

How can these two be spawned from the same parents? I am beginning to think that the IVF clinic mixed my sperm up with that of a serial killers.

4 comments:

Karmyn R said...

My daughter went through that "scream at bedtime" stage at about 2-1/2 too - but I suspect Lolo is doing it for attention to divert yours from the twins to her! (but, that is just a guess)

(good job for not falling for it - I hate letting them scream it out, but sometimes, you gotta do it!)

Amanda said...

You know - the nighttime routine is one that I stood firm on from the beginning. Mr. Dad was SO mad at me for being such a "mean mom." I let her scream, kick and throw fits all she wanted. It didn't take long for her to figure out that when she went in her crib, it meant good night. She still tests me sometimes. But I rarely give in. When I do, it is because I want to rock with her or I am lonely. Otherwise, bedtime is bedtime. Stick to your guns, dad. Every mommy and daddy needs some alone time at the end of the day.

Swampwitch said...

I certainly can't answer your question, How can these two be spawned from the same parents? But I can tell you that my two girls are total opposites and they are now 31 and 25. We they visit, I feel like a short-order cook. We have to watch two movies. When OU and OSU play, we use separate TV's because each graduated from these two colleges. I guess what I'm trying to say is it doesn't change as they get older.

Unknown said...

I think Dan walked and rocked his way around the planet and back again when Ross was a baby. Fortunately he didn't cry and scream at all, which made it hard not to enjoy the walking and rocking - I remember the night Dan came out baby's room, baby blissfully asleep on the shoulder and Dan rocking/swaying/bouncing/walking - generally looking totally insane - saying, "I think I've got it!" Enjoy ... enjoy ... and oh yes, there's a third ... enjoy!