8/02/2006

Random Thoughts

I am feeling kind of unispired today.

North Carolina just got the lottery earlier this year. People around here are going batshit over it. In my opinion the lottery is a tax on people who never had a statistics class. I'd rather waste money on something worthwhile like a nice bowl of vinegar ice cream.

Normally I consider myself a fence sitter when it comes to politics, but Bush is completely out of touch when it comes to his veto of the stem cell research bill. What would he do if one of his daughters lives could be saved as a result of federally funded stem-cell research?

Our soon-to-be nanny's best friend was brutally stabbed and shot to death by her husband in front of her three young children. I cannot imagine anything more horrible and unfair. There have been five murders in seven days in our small town that normally sees that number of murders in a year's time. Two of the other murders were committed by a young man who killed his father and his father's girlfriend because of the pressure he was getting to repay a $3000 debt.

Worker's comp fraud ignites passionate anger in me- especially since I have an employee who I believe is involved in it right now.

Religious fundamentalism (no matter what religion) and its interpretations scare the shit out of me. People who accept creationism and reject all the other solid evidence for evolution need to really sit down and think about this saying:

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

People who accept evolution and reject all the other solid evidence for creationism need to really sit down and think about this saying:

"The function of a parachute is to get your feet on the ground"

Karmyn R said...

I hear you Fid -

Evolution is occuring right now as we speak!! - the world is so old and the bible was written by man - plenty of mistakes to be made on all accounts!!!

Amanda said...

Wow, anonymous was smart enough to post anonymously, I see.

I am taken back to an incredible bumper sticker I saw several months back:
"Spirituality is enlighting.
Religion is down-right frightening."