3/29/2006

Daddy Get your ass HOME!

Just got back in town from business trip to Ohio tonight. Had a blast in Columbus and got some business flowing, but don't kid myself- no one really cares about that shit. Hung out in the Char Bar last night for about 4 hours just shooting the shit and drinking Guiness on Draught in a vain attempt to put heart my back into arrhythmia. Columbus is a cool city- enjoyed my time there and am ready to go back any time. If you go- visit the Char-Bar- hole in the wall but a blast.

It was good to get home to see the extremely pregnant wife who found out today that she does not have gestational diabetes- thank Jupiter (one of my gods). Nevertheless, the doctor suspects that the birth will happen well before the scheduled May 25 c-section.

One of my best friends is getting married June 10 at the ripe young age of 38. Got engaged about two weeks ago. This is the kind of guy that has always been a partier, easy going, laid back, slow moving, not-much-bothers me kind of guy. Now he has done a 360. I like his fiance but she is wayyy too controlling for him and I am concerned about his future.

This is the same guy that got so wasted that he forgot which bedroom was his in our condo and crawled into bed with my buddy's topless sleeping wife while we were still up late night partying in another condo. Both of them had no idea the other was there until my friend came to me and said "who the fuck is in bed with my wife?" I pulled back the covers to reveal the bare fat ass of my friend. Needless to say, that didn't go over very well.

This is the same guy who got so wasted at my wedding that he locked himself out of his own townhouse, use a ladder to crawl in his bedroom's second story window, fall on the floor and make enough noise to wake up the neighbors who looked outside and saw the ladder against the wall and called the cops to report a robbery in progress. Then this drunk moron pulls off all his clothes and passes out on his bed.

The three police who responded (including two female officers) found the wasted blubberboy passed out on the bed and had to get the neighbor to positively identify him as not an intruder but the actual homeowner.

Wasted boy woke up in the morning sprawled out on his bed with a cop's business card on his bear chest as the only clue to circumstances out-of-the-ordinary.

Okay, so this guy is now so freaking whipped that he is majorly worried that his fiance will totally freak out that I am going to throw him a bachelor party.

The daughter is starting to talk on the phone now- I guess it is easier than learning to poop in the potty. She wants to call gam-ma and mimi and pop pop and paw paw (monther, mother-in-law, father, father-in-law, respectively). Damn I miss her when I am out of town.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

If I were blubber boy I would be more concerned about the speech then the bachelor party!!! Hope soon to be ex-fiance did not read your blog :) Tell your wife the c-section is really not bad if you don't have 50 hours of labor before it. Had c-sections with both kids, first after labour and the 2nd scheduled. The scheduled one was so easy - almost pleasant. Don't worry about blubberboy - all men become whipped at some stage, it was bound to happen.