4/01/2012

Shit my daughter says

I was trying to help get my daughters dressed for the day.  As usual they both claimed that they needed help.  Not surprising for my 5 year old daughter but my 8 year old should be able to achieve the task herself.

So I slog into my 5 year old daughter's room and ask her if she needs any help.  She responds "yes Daddy!" with the tone of voice that said "of course you dumbass, isn't that what I just asked?"

So I rifle through her closet and come out with a very cute skirt that I bought her when I was on a business trip to Texas.  It is a jean skirt with pink bandana ruffles and a matching pink shirt with an image of cowgirl boots on the front- a cute western outfit just perfect for a 5 year old girly girl which is exactly what my daughter is.

I presented the skirt and shirt to her and asked "What about this?"

She looked directly at me an sternly said with the air of a teenager, "Daddy, you aren't helping."

I aske her "so darling, what can I do to help you?"

She replied without skipping a beat or having to think, "You can leave my room."

2 comments:

Ire said...

Ha! Incredible and interesting way of storytelling too!

Colin said...

I have a 4 and soon to 8 year old daughters. Asking you to help and having you try is what is important to them. They are born "women" and therefore their ways don't make sense to us guys.
My youngest is telling me a convoluted story as I type this, she just wants to me to say ok no matter what she says. Often when they want something simple I demand a kiss on the cheek, they like giving it and I like receiving it.