8/09/2009

Jonesing to Ride

I did a thorough clean job on my bike's chain, derailleurs and gears today. I also changed both tires and the front tube. It had a very slow leak but the rear tube did not so I didn't change it.

Have you ever tried to work on your bike (or get anything else done for that matter) while watching a three year old boy and a five year old girl. There were a million questions and just a general sense that I was not paying enough attention to either of them. I tried to accomodate both of them the best I could while changing the tires and tubes.

I put on Vittoria Zaffiro Pro II Road tires I purchased from Nashbar at www.nashbar.com. I got two of them for $44.98. I bought from Nashbar because I thought I was not going to have to pay sales tax but I was wrong. The Nashbar site could have been better because I don't recall it telling me that I was going to have to pay sales tax until I was at the last step of checking out.

Anyway, I am really eager to get back on the bike but I have a trip planned next week. I was gone all last week to Honduras. These back-to-back trips suck but I just hope it helps keep my company in business. The economy has really put a big hurting on us.

Despite the fact that my business is struggling, I did score twice last night thanks to a week's absence, a candlelight bath, a couple of glasses of wine, smooth tunes and a nice relaxing conversation about the offspring. We need to do that more often.

Cha-ching.

No comments: