3/08/2007

Racked out in Reno

This is what I wrote on my Crackberry when laying in the emergency room in Reno.

Laying in St. Marys hospital in Reno with an IV in my left arm hooked up to an EKG and I am pissed off about being here. I went into Atrial Fibrillation between the time we took off from Dallas and when we got lost in the rental van. That jackass Brad took us about 40 miles out of the way before we figuted out that we were going the wrong way.
I started feeling like shit in the van and was being uncharachterstically quiet so the guys wondered what was wrong with me.

So it turned out to be a good thing that we had to go back through Reno to get to the house North of lake Tahoe.

Jim dialed the GPS on his phone and took us Direcctly to the hospital.

The cute chick who saw me first told me that I didn't sound like I was a resident of Reno. Dammit! I try hard not to sound like a hick but it obviously doesn't work.
My blood pressure was too high and my pulse was 112. I waited to be abmitted while the guys went to get some food.

When I was filling out the paperwork to admit me I all of the sudden went back into sinus Rhythm. This was confirmed when the got me in a bed and hooked me up to the EKG.
So here I lie in sinus rhythm with an irregular beat every 20 seconds or so waiting. At least I have already talked to the doctor. She told me that they were going to call my cardiologist at Baptist.

If I had to guess, I would suspect that there is not anything they can do unless I go back into AFib and stay there

No comments: