1/04/2007

I need a raise

It seems I just can't make enough money to quench my family's insatiable appetite for cash.

The twins have been to the doctor about five or six times in the past two months and London in just getting over a urinary tract infection. Now Atticus went to the ENT doctor and he will need tubes put in his ears. The deductible on our insurance is $1000 per person so Atticus will blow his away pretty quickly. I am buring up all the equity I had left over from my last house.

But nothing is more important than spending the money on the health of my children. Atticus was not sitting up and playing like his sister. Now we believe it is because he couldn't balance due to the chronic ear infections and all the fluid in his middle ear. We also believe that this is the reason is always so cranky and will not sleep through the night. Without this surgery the doctor believes that Atticus will continue to have chronic ear infections which could affect his speech development. The risks are minimal so we have decided to proceed with the operation on Tuesday January 9th.

Check out this site to see a quick video of the operation to insert tubes in the ears called a Myringotomy. I had this done when I was a young boy but the tubes were much different.

No comments: